Saturday, April 2, 2011

JustRite Friday Challenge 052

Today I found some time to play and also found the JustRite Challenge Blog. I didn’t know they had one but I haven’t had much time lately so that might explain it.
Anyhoo, I have gotten some wonderful supplies and have been dying to use them. The color inspiration at JustRite fit in perfectly for some of my new toys. I have quite a few pics so kick back and enjoy!
IMG_1805 (Small)
This adorable cutie is called Ava with Present and she is by Wild rose Studio. I bought this stack of papers called Romantique by Graphic 45 and wish I had bought more because I just love these colors and the stack is awesome. My gosh, their new line is just great!!
I sewed all of the edges, roughed it up using my Zutter Distrezz It All and inked the edges using Tim Holtz Forest Moss Distress ink. I also sanded the solid colors using my sanding block.
IMG_1808 (Small)
The butterfly punch is by McGill and can be special ordered at Stamping Scrapping. I also inked these after punching.
IMG_1809 (Small)
My sentiment is by JustRite and is from the Birthday Card Kit. It is great, tons of sentiments and tons of different outside borders in this kit. I decided instead of doing a border I would stamp in and then cut it using SSD Anglaise Lace Circle Dies. I then mounted it on one of the SSD Frou Frou Tag Dies. I added a couple of pearls.
 IMG_1810 (Small)
The pearl strings that I have used were a gift from a secret sister swap and I just love them. They were perfect for the Graphic 45 paper.
IMG_1807 (Small)
I colored Ava using the following Copics:
  • Skin – E13, E11, E00, E000, R12
  • Dress – YR02, YR00, YR0000, BG11, BG10
  • Shoes and hair – N8, N6, N4, N2
  • Wings – Ranger Stickles – Crystal
I got a little crazy with this card but I so love the way it turned out. I have been trying to be a little more creative, and venture outside of my comfort zone, and I think it is working out OK.
Now, for the inside.
IMG_1812 (Small)
I added a couple more butterflies and the rest of my pearl strings.
IMG_1813 (Small)
On the other side I used the large Anglaise Lace Circle die and a JustRite stamp from the Wedding Sentiments set. I thought this was a very nice sentiment for a birthday also. I added a box using my bow easy.
With my card being so thick I needed a box envelope so I scored one up using the new Scor-pal. All of the new lines are just awesome!
IMG_1814 (Small)
The front of the envelope looked a little empty so I decided to decorate that too. I used Spellbinders Labels 18, the largest and the next size under. I stamped using another sentiment from the JustRite Wedding set and the flower stamp is from the SSD Lacey Circles stamps.
OK, so with all of that being said here is a pic of both the envelope box and the card.
IMG_1815 (Small)
As always, thanks for stopping by and visiting!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Stephanie this card is wonderful. I love that cute image, you colored it perfectly. You put alot of work into this card and it shows.

Vivi Casale said...

oh this is so cute Steph.. this image is adorable!!
love all the embellies of your card!!
xxx

Betsy said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!!! Such a cute image, and all the embellies really make the card. I'm just getting started in card-making, so I'm totally dying to get more embellies so that I have lots to choose from. Right now, I'm just going and buying stuff for each card as I make it ~ that's definitely not inspiring my creativity though. I just have to keep collecting stuff!!!

Karen said...

WOW!!! This card is fabulous, great job!! : )

Nancy Dawson said...

WOW what a gorgeous card and love your embellishments! So tasteful. TFS

Sheri said...

How stinkin cute is that Steph! I love all the adorable embellishments on this too!

JustRite Stampers said...

Stephanie - JustRite Friday Challenges are back by popular demand starting on Friday August 12th.
Hope to see you there!!
--Kellie Fortin

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from February 26, 2011

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact hester.stephanie@gmail.com.

This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

The owner(s) of this blog would like to disclose the following existing relationships. These are companies, organizations or individuals that may have a significant impact on the content of this blog.

Currently designing for:

Stamping Scrapping

Companies that have provided me with free product or images:
Stamping Scrapping
anaRy Designs
Spellbinders
Basic Grey
Scor-Pal

Digital Delights

La La Land Stamps

JustRite Stamps

Woodware Stamps

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin